Saturday, June 11, 2011

be prepared to hear

If you ask the Lord something, there is a good chance He will answer you. And not always the way you want to know. Sometimes it can be a very blunt delivery.

For instance, this last week. I was praying about a situation in my life, and asking the Lord to direct me in His ways, showing me...somehow.

I was texting a friend, just like we did other times, and then a text came. And confirmed what I was praying about. It was not the outcome I wanted, but it was total confirmation to what I had just prayed. So, I wrote in in my journal as an answered prayer and moved on.

God puts all of us in situations where we may necessarily not "like" the outcome. I wouldn't want to burn my son as a sacrifice, or go before a giant with a few stones.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord." Isaiah 55:9

Be prepared to hear what He has to say, and be prepared if it's not the answer you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment