Monday, March 7, 2011

Just Keep Walking


One of my favorite quotes is from Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming." Dori was happy when she made any progress, and just kept swimming.

Recently, I was talking to some friends, and we were swapping prayer requests we had written out. There was a group of a few of us, and someone went, "Switch with Amanda, she has an amazing devotion life, you can see it."

Truth: I read my Bible everyday, but sometimes it seems like a chore. Sometimes I lose prayer requests, so I may sure to pray for them at least once right when I get them. Sometimes I forget to pray.

I'm far from perfect. I'm working on praying without ceasing, but I'm a work in progress. "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." Romans 7:15

I know I will never attain perfection here on this earth, but everyday I strive to be a little bit more like Jesus. Although my friend who made the comment doesn't know it, even though it convicted me that I need to be more like Jesus, it also encouraged me, and exorted me to do so. I'm trying to take steps everyday towards eternity.

Is there anything in your life God is telling you to do more?

No comments:

Post a Comment