Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Refuge

As a kid, like most kids, I built a fort. My fort was my hideaway to read, to dream, to create, and imagine. It kept me hidden from all my hidden nemesis. I never understood the concept of a fort until I started learning about history, and realized that if war broke out, all a soldier had to protect them was their fort. Realizing that in a war, a fort was a refuge. A place of arms, of nourishment, of rest.

Lately I've shared about uncertainties in my future. There are certain things about life I can go with the flow with, but having a general plan for my life is not one of them. After a mini-Chernobyl breakdown (hyperbole), I read this; and realized God is my fort. No matter what happens, I will always have Him.

Whether I live in a hut, or a mansion.
Am living from meal to meal, or serving meals to others.
Wherever I am.

"God is our refuge and strength
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling.
Selah"

Psalm 46:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment