Sunday, April 3, 2011

De Ja Vu


I don't know about you, but Jr High wasn't so great for me. There were instances with people where I just felt completely alone, misunderstood, and just like a Secondhand Serenade song.

Even until now, I would never choose to go back to Jr High. There were some awesome things that happened to me, and some crappy things that happened, and I'm grateful for what I learned, I'm also grateful 9th grade happened.

It's crazy because recently I've become a Jr High leader and hearing some things that kids are telling me what they're goinfg through, and what they're feeling makes me feel like I've gone back to Jr High.

Solomon says, "There is nothing new under the sun." -Ecclesiastes 1:9.

Even though Jr High was torment, I can say I'm glad I went through what I did so I can help the youth. It's cool because I see what I went through, and what others went through and how God is using what we went through to minister to other people.

As awful as the situation seems at the time, we have no way of telling what fruit will come from it later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment