Saturday, April 9, 2011

Unwanted Gift

If you have seen "You've Got Mail" you know exactly what I'm talking about. The two main characters are comparing lives, and one talks about how she can never say what she wants at the right time. Her chat buddy responds saying that when you say a "zinger" regret automatically follows.

I have this unwanted gift. I unfortunately know how to tear people up and down using words as my weapon.

As of late, I have seen detrimental effects even in circumstances when "I'm only kidding." Paired up with my Jimminy Cricket conscience, I immediately feel horrible. There have been inumerous moments when I want to grab my words and gobble them up.

I have lately taking to LITERALLY biting my tongue. If I see someone with an interesting hat or outfit appearal, the teeth come down on the tongue. If I hear someone sing extremely off key, the tongue comes down. Because that's what it takes.

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. Ephesians 4:29

No comments:

Post a Comment