Sunday, July 22, 2012

Kauai

My family and I finally took the vacation we have been talking about taking for as long as I can remember.

We arrived two days ago, and the island is absolutely breathtaking. The vastness of the ocean overwhelms and confounds the senses. The mountains rise out of the earth showing how nature has been unadultered by human hands. The nature exists as part of the island, and has not been contained or diminshed by human hands.

One thing I've noticed about the island life is how radically different the pace of life is. There is only one main highway around the island, and things move at their own pace. Coming from life just outside LA, and coming from a major that requires many hours of studying, this is very strange for me. However, I am taking this vacation as oppurtunity to not plan, but simply just to be. To be content with where I am and taking time to enjoy nature and the people I am with. I am not running to answer my e-mails or text messages, but to stop, wade into the water, and to just breathe.

I have taken, and am trying to take time to just sit outside, breathe, pray, and just spend time with God, and to simply enjoy just being.

No comments:

Post a Comment