Sunday, June 20, 2010

Words


"Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth." - 1 John 3:18

This verse has caused me some serious conviction throughout the years. It's easy to say something sugar-coated and so sweet you think Willy Wonka made it, but to have your heart gnarled and twisted as can be.

I've come up with a little mantra for myself... Ahem...
"Words speak, actions resound." Not exactly Shakespeare, but it will do for me. =)

This was made clear to me today after not hearing from a certain friend for a while, the friend took iniative to make my day a little brighter, to clear up some abiguity, to communicate in the long run for the better.

Even though no words were spoken directly to me, my friend's actions resounded much more than their words to me could have.

This week (for starters), I'm really going to try to love people. To smile, to hold open a door, to act loving, and not just say it.

Here it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment