Saturday, September 11, 2010

On 9/11


I remember my mom coming into my room and taking me into her room.

My grammie (who lived in Maryland) had just called, I remember getting under the covers with my mom and watching the live footage of terrorism. The day was a blur for me. I was in the 3rd grade, I remember having a moment of silence, and watching it in class, while experiencing my first moment of silence.

It was the first time I saw terrorism, I also remember it as one of the first times I saw herorism. Firefighters, Police, Civilians. Americans saving Americans.

After time has slowly passed, I am hearing of a movement to burn Korans on 9/11 as "revenge." This is a cowardly, barbaric notion that is no better than what the terrorists did to us.

The best remedy is to never forget what happened. To continue to live out herorism such as civilians did on 9/11. To remain united. To keep fighting. This is what makes America strong.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world bling." -Ghandi

No comments:

Post a Comment