Monday, September 27, 2010

Mum's Advice


I have the best mom in the entire world. Hands down.

She's always there to listen to my A+ triumph, my F woe, my latest funny forwarded text, my worries.

Recently she enlightened me on a saying she remembered from her childhood. It (roughly) went something like:

"Everyone has a cage of birds.
Open the cage, and let them fly.
If they return to yours,
they were always yours."


I think it's supposed to rhyme, but it's aside from the point. "Cast all your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Right now, there are a lot of birdies all up in my cage. Worries about college, my future, friends that are distant, etc.

I have slowly been weaning open the cage to release the birdies to fly, and if it's what the Lord has for me, I know He'll bring it back into my path. Mum always knows best =)

No comments:

Post a Comment