Monday, September 6, 2010

Sentimental


This is a "random" post I suppose, but I want to write about it.

Confession:I'm a sentimental sap.

No, for realsies. You probably don't believe me. But I ADORE memoirs, other people's, my own. It's fascinating to me.

I have a vintage suitcase that's stuffed to the brim with all the journals I've kept in my life. My ones from elementary school are pretty humorous I must admit. Maybe I'll post an entry one day. =)

It's so cool to see how my life has progressed. I have birthday cards from my 8th birthday (I only keep the really good ones), I have the letter my pen-pal in second grade wrote me. I have pressed flowers and old photographs.

When I go to a place, I usually am overwhelmed by the memories of it. I guess that's what I get for living in one city for my whole life. When I go to a certain starbucks, I remember a conversation over two grande black coffees about american history and future plans for personal lives. I remember a rainy morning when I parked horribly. I remember junior high days and one of my first frappucinos, I thought I was so cool. ;)

So on and so forth. I am swept by a turbulent wave of memories no matter where I go.

Sometimes they're very sweet, sometimes not so.

My favorite part of being a sentementalist sap is truly my journals .

I was reading over them and it's crazy to see how I've changed so much without changing at all. Call me crazy, I know but my perspective of lie and everything in it has been so broadened. But I still see so much the same, I see bible verses I wrote out in shaky twelve year old handwriting that are still super close to my heart. I see friends names written in my journal, who I don't talk to anymore, but are still vividly alive in my head.

I'm not trying to sound all deep or whatever, but it's something I dig. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment