Saturday, July 16, 2011

delighting in parking spaces


Recently, I read this verse :"For the LORD delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory." Psalm 149:4. And I though, sweet! The Lord of the universe takes delight in me?! Awesome. But beyond that minor epiphany, didn't really think much more of the verse.

Yesterday, I went back to work for the first time after my mission's trip to Russia (which was amazing, and will be blogged about soon!) I pulled into Barnes and Noble about a half an hour before the store opened, and got a sweet parking space in the lot. One of the closest to work, and I thanked the Lord, and went in.

I went to lunch, and came back and as praying for the same spot, so I didn't have to run across the parking lot to make it back in time. I look and it was taken. D
ang it. But I look to my right, and literally THE CLOSEST PARKING SPACE to my work is open. And this verse popped into my head.

I'm not saying this because I'm lazy or don't like to walk. I really love to walk. But the Lord wanted to bless me. And while I was parking, He said to me very distinctly;
"Don't always assumed because what you think is perfect it is. Even if something second rate is awesome, it's still second rate. Wait for my best."

The Lord almighty, maker of the Universe delights in me, and blesses me with amazing parking spaces.

"Not even the smallest detail of life happens unless God’s will is behind it"Oswald Chambers


No comments:

Post a Comment