Thursday, July 28, 2011

Refugees

Today, the Blood Diamond was on T.V. It's a great movie about politics, warfare, love, etc. A civil war in this movie causes the protaginist to become a refuge and find his family. These people were fleeing oppression, in hope for a new life, and future. The entired movie circles aroudn this idea. I began to think about 2 mirroring scriptures I've read recently.

"I have stirred him up in righteousness,
and I will make all his ways level;
he shall build my city
and set my exiles free,
not for price or reward,"
says the LORD of hosts." Isaiah 45:13

Compared to Romans 5:8 "That while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." A lot of people unfortunately have the misconception that God is some totalitarian dictator from heaven, and we are His slaves. He didn't create us to control us, but for us to commune with Him. Isaiah talsk about how God sets us free without price of reward.

We are not his hostages, but his refugees. Refugees out of darkness, and into marvelous light, hope, joy; and in that there is immense freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment