Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Highlight


A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

I feel this is the only adjective to adequately explain what happened in Russia. The 18 days I was gone felt like a year, and a week at the same time. The Lord did a work in me, and I think I can say everyone on the team, and some at the camp.

The primary purpose of the trip was to serve at Carpe Diem camp, in Losevo, Russia. The camp is a Christian English camp. Meaning, many kids are sent to refine their English skills, but in the process are loved on, and hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.

For every 10 kids, there are 2 Americans, a Russian counselor, and a translator. 5 boys. 5 girls. 10 kids who all have a piece of my heart.

I personally got to share the gospel with 3 girls, one who was a Christian, and 2 who went to church but didn't have a personal relationship. There was a night where the gospel was presented to all the campers, I had the privilege to lead a sweetheart, Vlada, to the Lord. The four girls who weren't Christians gave their lives to the Lord. I felt absolutely blessed to be a witness to this.

That was the absolute highlight of my trip. If I could remember only one thing, the 20 minutes that this blog described would be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment