Saturday, October 2, 2010

On Being Rapunzel


When I was in jr. high I went through that whole 'mad at the world' stage. So I took it out on my hair. I whacked it off.

When I started high school, my hair was shoulder-length. Now it is mud-back (and mind you, it's curly!)

Just because this has to do with hair, I'm calling myself Rapunzel for the next few paragraphs. =)

It's funny, but I measure my high-school life partially through my hair. The longer and curlier it got, the older and wiser I became. I can look back on pictures, and merely by the length of my hair I know where I was in life.

I naturally think about things a little deeper, and AP classes exemplify the madness. The ends of my hair, he dead frizzy strands are the same ones that were with me when I was a bright-eyed bushy tailed 14 year old.

It's really awesome to see my outer appearance change with what was going on internally. Some things have changed, my hair color, the texture, the length, my grades, the way I see myself, etc.


I love my hair, and how I've been able to grow with it (no pun intended.) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment