Monday, October 25, 2010

Gleaning


Gleaning: leftover grain or other produce

In Levitical law times, God commanded the Jewish owner of the fields to leave the corners of the field unharvested, and if anyone should pick grapes from a vineyard, they were to go through only once and leave anything they dropped behind.

This was God's system of welfare and providence for the people that had less than the providers.

I'm going to compare this to a parallel, but I see myself as a gleaner and God as the owner of the field. The way I see it sometimes as the field of God's infinite wisdom and I once in a while will get grapes and barley, which sustain me but I have little compared to the field.

I've been learning of late that God speaks to us in unusual ways. Sometimes, it's a woman telling me her story and then saying "I don't know why I'm saying this" while my mind is reeling through the situation it perfectly applies to. Sometimes it can be a song on the radio that has perfect timing. I'm learning God's ways are smalls ways built into my daily life which I can easily overlook.

One of my personal favorite books is the book of Ruth. Boaz (a wealthy man) provided Ruth ( a poor woman) with barley to sustain her and her mother-in-law abundantly. Ruth had a tore-up past, but she followed YAWEH, and He brought her Boaz (soon to be her husband) to care for her and to redeem her.

Boaz is a parallel of Christ, always ready to be a gentleman and supply our needs, for me it is currently wisdom.


"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." James 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment