Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mercy

Remember the game in elementary school "mercy" where you'd squeeze another kids hand until both your knuckles were white, and then the loser would be the one who excalimed "mercy."

Unlike this cruel childhood game, I was jazzed to find more proof that my God doesn't torture us for mercy until we exclaim.

'Mercy triumphs over judgement.' -James 2:13

Mercy always wins over judgement. Now this is in the context for the person who has committed Jesus to be their Lord and Savior. I thought it was pretty rad because if you're like me.
Now, I know what you're thinking... I thought it too.
"Does that mean that I can sin and get away with it on the promise that God will forgive me later?"
Sorry Charlie, but the answer is a stark NO. Not only does that ideology cheapen God's grace, but Paul actually writes against it.
"Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a coverup for evil, but living as servants of God."
Bottom Line: We're still sinners, God will still forgive us, we don't abuse His forgiveness, and Mercy wins.
Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment