Saturday, July 31, 2010

love

Love is a word that is flung around.

I LOVE carrot cake.
I LOVE my dog.
I LOVE sunflowers.
I LOVE my mom.

But all of these loves do not equate.

I am learning about love. Yes, about the love within human dynamics, but more importantly the unsurpassable love God has for humanity.

This love is a love that has no bounds.

In a world today where love is based merely off of feelings, this is a hard concept to twist our noggins around.

Love is always being patient, kind, gentle, and contentess is found merely in the presence of the other.

I love the way Phil Danyew puts it,
"I saw a Love, deeper than the Pacific,I saw a Love, burning brighter than a million stars,In a single line,You make alive"

I want my Jesus to flourish within me, so I may pollenate this love to the world.

1 comment:

  1. Have you heard of CS Lewis' book "The Four Loves"? He talks about 4 Greek words for love which give better distinctions than our 1 English word. "Storge" is affection, "Phileo" is friendship, "Eros" is romantic, and "Agape" is true love. I have never read the book, but have just heard of it and it seems to really make sense.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Four_Loves

    ReplyDelete