Friday, July 9, 2010

To blog, or not to blog.

I am trying to fall into the routine of blogging more often. Not to make my blog another check off on my list, but rather attaining a personal accomplishment.

I was cleaning out my closet today and I began pulling out all the junk I didn't use anymore. Yup, junk. A lot of it was still super cute, and it still looked decent.

Why did I decide to throw it out? Because it absorbed to much space. I'm trying to break down into the fact that I'm still in a little room, and will have to part with mroe of my beloved stuff by next summer when college beckons. To be the Disney junkie I am, I'm getting down to the "bare necessities." Well not really, just kinda organizing, but it fit you know? ;)

I left a lot of clothes, but today I parted with a lot of the sentimental. Some sandals I got in Brazil, but never wore because they turned my feet burgandy. Some boots I scored at the thrift store and wore to my first high school dance (sadie hawkins.) etc.

Why? So I could become a more functional person.

Now to apply.

Does God ever pull "junk" -cute junk, but junk nevertheless- out of my heart? Does it always feel hunky-dory, or do I have to part with the sentimental and good memories?

But in the end, like I am now. I am left with a clean, organized closet with a lot more space for some more thrift store finds.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment