Monday, January 31, 2011

Above All Else...


Our culture thrives on "following our hearts", "making our dreams come true", and just about anything else that gives way to pathos and making us "feel good."

The other day I was conversing with a few of my closest friends about emotions, dating, etc.

Opposed to the days we live in, the bible talks about our heart in a different light;

"Above all else, guard your heart, for from it flow the wellsprings of life." Proverbs 3:25

I came up with a cheesy way to remember what our heart tells us that lines us biblically.
When it pumps blood in and out, it makes the sound

Duh-Dumb! Duh-Dumb!

Sorry Disney, I love you dearly, but when it comes to matter of my heart, I am realizing it is an easy decision to do what "feels" right but is really a dumb decision. I am just going to remind myself that my best intensions are nothing compared to God's plans, and to guard my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment