Thursday, January 6, 2011

Book Of Eli

I have had a passion for missions since I was in the sixth grade, the Lord has given me the desires of my heart by allowing me to serve abroad on different continents proclaiming my Jesus.

At my church, a family has a meeting in their home the first Thursday of every month called 'Mission's Fellowship' where missionaries are invited to come and speak from around the world, and people with the same heart and mind are able to fellowship, exort, and encourage.
The last time I went on an 'official' mission's trip was two years ago, almost to the day. (I say official, because everyday of life I attempt to see as a mission's trip.) I began thinking of all the different people there are in the world, and how everyone has a different calling. I love Exodus 4 where the Lord commissions Moses to return to Egypt and proclaim the word. When Moses argues the Lord says,

"Who made man's mouth, who mande the deaf, the seeing, the mute, and the blind? Did not I? Now go." Exodus 4:11


Oof. I've said something along those lines before.
Recently, I saw the movie, 'The Book of Eli' about a sojourner who carries a Bible across a war-struck anarchaic, desolate territory. At the end of the movie, the audience finds a major hitch in Eli's plan (I can't give away the ending.) But it would have been a great excuse for him to not carry out his mission, or at least an argument to God.

So many times I make excuses about missions. Even though the desire of my heart is for people, so many times things get in the way. And in essence, I am quoting Moses, saying that I do not have the ability to speak well.

I am trying to be more like Eli, who accepts my problems, but trusts that the Lord will guide me and see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment