Thursday, January 20, 2011

Russia


I have written before how I have been on several mission's trips. I may have the oppurtunity to go on another one this Summer. This blog is not merely to document how I feel, but also to (hopefully) be relatable to anyone who is contemplating something similar.

First, a quick recap. I have always had missions engrained in my heart. I used to want to be an English teacher missionary, I am still praying about this, but will probably go into the medical field, but I may still double major, so I can do both.

This mission trip is an oppurtunity to teah children English at a camp in the middle of the Russian forest. And that elates me. I would absolutely love the oppurtunity.

However, I am praying if it is the Lord's will. The last place I want to be is out of His will, especially when I am across the globe in a foreign country.

This is a personal blog, because I want people to know if I go, how the Lord worked, and if I stay, I want people to know how the Lord worked. Whether I stay and pray, or go and preach, Christ name will be proclaimed, and in that I rejoice.

The thing I am most scared of, with this circumstance, as well in life; is thinking I can go in my own strength. It is human nature to want to prove ourselves, but I am learning to repress my nature that Christ may be shown. I do not want to do anything without Christ being in the midst of it. I know this is huge, and I will continually fall short, but it's a goal. =)

If you remember, please be praying for the team. That the children will have open hearts and minds, that everyone will have peace whether they go or stay, for the missionary couple (Laurin and Nura Harrison), and that ultimately Christ would be magnified.


No comments:

Post a Comment