Monday, January 24, 2011

Vision

Lately, I have heard a lot about vision.

  • When I paint, my teacher asks me what my vision for the piece is.
  • When I talk about graudating High School people ask me what the vision for my life is.
  • I ask myself what the Holy Spirit's vision for me is almost everyday.
I was talking to a friend about them the other night. We were conversing about how we know what our calling in life is.

And I realized, I don't know if I'll ever fully know.

I know God has engrained things into my personality that I love, and I'm good at. And I think these are all used to His gain. But I don't know if there will ever be a big crescendo where I will suddenly KNOW what I'm supposed to do.

Proverbs 3:5-6 is an extremely popular verse.

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and He will direct your paths straight."

I think as long as we are trusting in the Lord, and constantly pursuing Him, we don't need to know every detail of the vision of our lives. For He will make our paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment