Monday, November 29, 2010

Jesus&Vaccines


Last night I saw a friend who had recently been away on a mission to a third world country. She said she was under the weather, I asked if she got vaccines, and she replied she hadn't. Instinctively I stepped away. I then joked how she may have yellow fever, meningitis, malaria, etc.and I suddenly realized I was vaccinated for many major diseases from third-world countries, after going to a third-world country recently.

I was no longer afraid to share my friend's air. I was not worried about getting some funk in my system. I would not catch any disease anyone would have that I had been vaccinated against. I may get a small taste of it, but after vaccination I would only get a small taste compared to what the disease could normally do.

And BAM! An epiphany hit me.

Jesus is my vaccination against sin.

No, He is NOT sin, but He is the anti-sin.

Even though I still sin, if I keep Jesus fresh in my veins, I am sin-free. I will have sin until the day I die, but if my Jesus is kept up to date, fresh, and healthy, my version of sin would be much smaller if I had never been "vaccinated."

"He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world." 1 John 2:2

With merely accepting Him into my heart, I am instantly covered for eternity. God will no longer see sin in me, He will see His son.

No comments:

Post a Comment