Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Shakespeare

While most girls read Twilight at 13, I read Shakespeare.

Okay, it's a half truth. I read one when I was 13. And I read it because I saw 'She's the Man.' The 21st century take on Twelfth Night complete with the one and only Amanda Bynes.

But that experience led into a domino affect into Shakespeare, I have read all of his works, but a handful. I have gleaned some of his quotes and writings, which has helped me in literature classes, as well as on Jeopardy! =)

One that has been close to me for a while is quoted by Brutus while deliberating about the murder of Caesar,

"Not that I love Caesar less, but that I love Rome more."

Not only is this an immaculate representation of antithesis, but it speaks about things God takes away from me.

Not that I love these things less, but that I love the will of God more.

No comments:

Post a Comment